Friday, October 9, 2009

Card -a- thon tomorrow!!

Hi everyone.. yes..I am still here..altho a bit MIA lately..and sadly..neglecting my blog

But while I haven't had much time for my blog.....a lot of other things have been getting my attention and occupying my time...

Biggest of all..the Card-a-Thon.. can you believe it?? Tomorrow is THE DAY...

For those of you who don't know what I've been up to....I have been organizing a Card-a-Thon for US Military Heroes... The cards made tomorrow will be sent to Cards for Heroes as well as Operation Quiet Comfort....

After months and months of planning...gathering donations of supplies (no cash)...sorting thru an unbelievable amount of donated materials...supplies...... paper...embellishments....images...and countless other card making supplies...(Thank you everyone!)...it's all going to happen tomorrow...

My wish was to have approximately 25..maybe 30 volunteers..but it looks like we may have about 50-60....this is beyond my hopes and expectations...(and calls and RSVPs are still coming in this morning..)

We will have volunteers who are adults..children...members of a sorority form Adelphi University here on Long Island...members of my daughters local high school Thespian troupe...neighbors...friends...and community members...and lots of ladies from my monthly workshop/crop/meetup.com) group along with their friends.....

if you are a local... it's not too late to join us.. just send me an email as your RSVP.. (**OR GO H E R E ) letting me know if you'd like to come for the morning session (10-1pm)...or the afternoon session (1 - 4pm.....and beyond...)

if you are coming tomorrow...I'll see you then!...

and......be sure to check back here next week when I'll share some photos and a video of the day...

1 comment:

  1. Michelle it sounds like a GREAT event to come, wow!!! Go girl, go!

    ReplyDelete