Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Something for Someone Who is Dedicated to a (Very)Good Cause


My friend John is a Vet...and very passionate in his efforts focused on stopping the mistreatment of circus elephants....organizing protests...meetings with community leaders..and other individuals whom he hopes to engage in support of his dedication to bringing to light the ongoing mistreatment of circus elephants..and implementing changes that hopefully will bring positive change to how these beautiful animals are treated.....handled and used.

I wanted to make a set of note cards for him and so a while back I searched around for a stamp that would be reflective of these beautiful animals....and somehow portray their (natural) beauty...and convey a feeling of peace and tranquility...

In my search I came across every imaginable image of elephants (who knew there were SO many elephant stamps out there!)...but as soon as I saw this one...I knew it was the right one.

I love the image of mother and baby...and their trunks touching....I think it definitely captures and portrays the feeling that I had hoped to capture..and the combination of the cocoa..black and vanilla card stock seemed like a perfect fit..especially with using the Distressed Vintage Photo ink for the image itself......

With this being a set of cards for a guy....I kept the look clean...and simple...and in the end..I was very happy with how they turned out... (I hope he is too!)

11 comments:

  1. Very cute, elephants are my favorite animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect, Michelle! Great image and wonderful colors! You rocked it!! Hope they inspire him even more with his cause! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image, that embossing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image...and a great cause too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoWza! AweSomE! This is a real treat! Sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cards are not just great when they're beautiful, but also when they make you feel so much. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image. Beautiful card. He should love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You indeed found the perfect elephant image -- these are awesome!

    ReplyDelete