Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some People can just be so Kind...

I haven't had much time to update and post to my blog these last few days...

Gary and I have 2 back-to-back Fairs coming up in February on the 7th and 8th... (Valentine Fairs)..so Par 3 Productions is keeping us busy...

I've been spending my non-Par 3 Productions time working on the Card-a-Thon that I am planning......primarily emailing stamp/craft companies to secure donations...and as things progress..I see that there seems to be a common denominator...

Most of he larger, more established companies aren't donating at all (so far).....(sad me receives one email after the next from the "big" guys..telling me that they do not support "local events").....'

and yet....the smaller companies..or companies literally owned by "one person"..or a small family run business...are eager and very happy to be part of this event...

In the process of corresponding with some of these "smaller" companies.....I have
been in touch with such wonderful...kind.....generous people..... (thinking of Diana of Scor-Pal and Marcie of ucutathome) .....and it is these people that keep my spark lit when I have had a string of denials from the larger companies...and wonder if my plan and vision of this event will become what I dream it to be...
Thankfully...It seems that everytime I start to "wonder"...someone responds...and emails me to offer a donation...

So it is with pleasure that I'll keep the sidebar "Applause Applause!" section updated as I begin to receive donations.....this is my little place to acknowledge the kindness and generosity of individuals and companies who so willingly and happliy are supporting the Card-a-Thon...
..and I'll ask you to support them in turn....by visiting their web sites and considering making your on line purchases thru the linked web sites I'll be sure to post under "Appluase Applause!"....
(yes..yes..I know!.I am sending you to the right side of this page...again!)

If you are an individual (non company owner) who would like to send a donation of card making materials please email me at LovesStampin@aol.com ..... no donation is too small..(ie card stock...... embellishments..... adhesives.....ribbon...unused stamps etc etc..if you are a demo for a company....please consider donating your unused workshop items..and retired items from past catalogs.. etc) ....in short..anything that you have..may not need..want..or like...that can be used to make a card).....
With appreciation...your name will be posted in the "Applause Applause!" section as well!........and you'll be in the good company of individuals like Diana of Scor-Pal and the Stampington company !

No comments:

Post a Comment