Thursday, January 8, 2009

Workshop Ladies Cover Your Eyes!





If you're one of the workshop ladies who attend my monthly workshops...COVER YOUR EYES!!..you're not supposed to see this until Saturday!

This is the mailbox project we will be doing this Saturday when we get together..(Thanks Chris for sending me the mailboxes...I've never seen them in my local Target..so thanks to Chris...we are able to do this project at our January Workshop/Crop.)

I used SU Bella Rose DSP (designer print paper) for this mailbox...(I love the patterns and how it all goes together and mixes and matches so nicely...)..and for the goodies inside of the mailbox, I covered some "nuggets"(chocolates) with the same paper and then made a bag topper in the same coordinates.

I have had the MS (Martha Stewart) butterfly punch for ages now and never used it..this was the first time..and I LOVE it...I have a feeling that I'll be using it often...(picturing some 3-D butterflies on cards etc..) I like the size of the butterfly..and like that the "body" (center) of the butterfly attached nicely with a mini/small glue dot...leaving me the opportunity to crease the wings a little bit and pull them forward for a 3-D look...I could have gone butterfly crazy with that punch and this project..but I FORCED myself not to...

I also obsessed about the naked silver "bolt" that was used to attach the mailbox "flag" to the box itself..but remedied the ugliness of it by covering it with one small self adhesive gem...and then I was happy!

Every time I have see one of these mailboxes in the Splitcoast Stampers gallery..I have liked them....and now...thanks to Chris....I've had the opportunity to make one myself..and will share this fun project at this weekends Workshop/Crop.

(Okay workshop ladies.....you can uncover your eyes now!)

3 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. I love the little mailboxes, and yours is too cute. Never thought to put something on the flag. Going to have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a great workshop idea! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Great work Michelle.

    ReplyDelete