Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Little Bit of Time to Create...


This was a typical Saturday..some errands..some relaxation..dropping off..picking up..having a nice dinner out.(soft shell crabs are in season..so I was one happy girl when I saw them on the menu!)

I thought I was tired..but then got a second wind at about 11 p.m...and started thinking about the workshop projects I needed to prepare and try out for next weekend's Workshop/Crop and the evening Cards Only workshop session, as well.

So I put my unexpected wave of energy to good use... and used the time to work on prepping some materials and working on some projects for next weekends monthly Workshop/Crop.

And here I am...at almost 1 a.m...still WIDE awake...posting a card to my blog!

This card is the card that everyone will work on during the "Cards Only" evening session next weekend. It incorporates using punches to create embellishments

The group has been developing their skills at making embellishments..as opposed to buying premade/manufactured embellishments...so this card follows right along with building upon their skills..from week to week.

The scalloped and plain oval were punched as well as all of the layers and parts of the flowers...and the wonderful little butterfly..(a favorite punch of mine).
The green leaves are actually made from the SU 5 Petal Punch..cut so that 3 petals make a set of 3 leaves..and the other part of the flower..consisting of the remaining 2 petals..made the 2-leaf portion.

And of course you KNOW that I just had to use my Cuttlebug...my cards seem so naked when I don't emboss "something"...plus it is very popular with the workshop ladies.

This is a very simple card to make.and is ideal for using odd pieces of prints that you might have....and to that I'd like to add that the prints used here were not particularly nice looking or pretty....yet when used as a scalloped mat and punched into smaller pieces for layered flowers....it kind of looks nice.and makes me think of all of the so-so/not too pretty prints that I have..and shy away from using.

Thanks for visiting..and I hope that you'll dig out some of your "not-too-favorite-and-neglected paper"...and make a card like this one.

16 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful. I love how you accented the white card with a touch of color. I usually use white for just the stamped image. I know what you mean about the CB. I love mine and use it all the time. I was just talking to my husband tonight about how I couldn't make cards without it. Now watch it break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love those late night inspirations!! Can't wait to try those flowers! And the CB emboss on white is always a favorite of mine. Great job! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...this is simply GORGEOUS!! Stunning...beautiful! I'm going to remember this card and try it! You did great work in the middle of the night!!!!!
    I LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Michelle - this is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Michell. Love it
    Sue Danko

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always need to take time for scrap paper dives! I have so much paper pieces and then pieces that I just don't think I'll use. This card is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the touch of green against the white and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O wow!!! love it!!! very pretty!!! TFS!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the cuttlebug embossed panel! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, very pretty Michelle as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is just gorgeous. Love the diecut butterflies and flowers around the oval, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How elegant!! I love the look of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely and elegant card

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete