Friday, June 5, 2009

YAY!! I finally found some time to make some cards!



Now I feel like I'm back to being my old self!!!...
I actually had time today to make some cards...and yes...you guessed it...they were All White Cards...for Ruth's Swap on SCS...
I think that this may be the 10th (or is it the 11t??) card/spot I have in that swap...(yes, yes...I know...you've seen all of the cards right here on my blog..)

I know that I've said this each time that I've posted one of the all white cards..so I'll apologize for being repetitious ....but this swap has been inspiring..fun..and so enjoyable..when I first signed on for one spot..I never dreamed that I'd keep going back for additional spots...

This was an enjoyable card to make...I liked working with the white Staz-on ink on the transparency....in "my day" they called it "acetate'(yes I'm old enough to say ..."in my day"...lol)..and as if liking the white Stazon-on wasn't good enough...I whipped out my Sizzix Daisies die..and my best buddy...my Cuttlebug....

I cut the daisies out..then embossed them with one of my favorite folders (Textile Textures)....curled all of the petal edges downward ....layered the flowers and put them together with Zip Dry Paper Glue (I love that stuff for assembling and layering flowers....and sometimes for applying small floral embellishments ....its easy to use and dries in a flash..and I DO mean a FLASH!)

I gave a lot of thought to how NOT to have any adhesive showing when I attached the flower..or the paper part of the card to the transparency..so I opted to use the transparency as a jacket..over a smaller card...the inside card is attached to the transparency with glue dots UNDERNEATH the flower...so you can't see them at all..and it also gives the "giver" a place to write a note..on the inside of the underlying card...(which by the way..I embossed the TOP ONLY of, with the CB Swiss Dots embossing folder)

Ending my White Swap cards with this particular card is a nice way to end something that's been so enjoyable.....because this was a fun card to make..

Thanks Ruth for hosting this wonderful swap!

...and thank you to my daughter, Chelsea..who took these photos for me tonight..(with her new and much loved Nikon D60 camera...xoxo)

15 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this card. I love your white on white card, Michelle. I think this is my favorite! It really is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty!!! You are good Auntie!!! So glad you're back ... now try for a card a day please...don't make us wait to see what you are creating next!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card. After seeing your white on white cards I have attempted it once or twice myself. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning, I love the white on white :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is just stunning! TFS! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are always so beautiful Michelle! excellent work & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is really cool! I never even thought to try white on white. It's so classy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all that white and the embossing! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. White is just so perfect for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, I was wondering what was going on when I checked your blog and no update girl! This card is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. its wonderful, you are so good in making white cards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice ending to such a lovely collection of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is a stunning card! I am really loving the white and all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete